2010 Applicants/Interviews

DuineAsEireann

I just emailed them there, asking what's the story?

It would have been nice if they'd have had the courtesy to inform unsuccessful candidates as well those with interviews. I mean we applied because we liked the course. It's bad manners is what it is.

Grrrrr I'm probably just pissed off that I didn't get an interview.

Well done, again, guys :)

lollie22

I just rang the admissions office and was told that I didn't get an interview!:( If you haven't heard by now then it's unlikely you'll get one. I gave the admissions lady my ucas id and she told me over the phone. Im a bit gutted now, was hoping to get an interview from them. On the brightside i've stil got glasgow. I'l have to make sure I ace my interview!

DuineAsEireann

Just rang them there. Didn't get an interview. Gutted.

They told me over the phone. They hadn't responded to any of emails so, at least they had the decency to do that.

This is crushing.

Rejection without interview #1 of 4.

beebopdelux

Great news! And you just got the e-mail today? I had written off Dundee after not hearing anything yesterday but maybe there's still a tiny bit of hope!
yeh just got the interview this morning!

sorry to all who are unsuccessful! feel so bad... but you still have your other choices pending so chin up!

jen2010

Just rang them there. Didn't get an interview. Gutted.

They told me over the phone. They hadn't responded to any of emails so, at least they had the decency to do that.

This is crushing.

Rejection without interview #1 of 4.
I also found out over the phone :'(

Congrats to everyone with interviews, and the best of luck!

Mathieson

Sorry to hear this Guys. It's not the end though, You've all still got three more applications and Dundee are notorious for rejecting perfectly good applicants. A lot of people from my school in years gone by have been rejected by them and have went on finish in the top ten of their year at Aberdeen. Good luck and all the best.

zeefa

I also found out over the phone :'(

Congrats to everyone with interviews, and the best of luck!

Hey Jen....I really hope you get an interview from your other choices.
Are you still able to login to mydundee or mydundee's webmail??

ladyhoot

Just found out over the phone I've been rejected.

I'm fine though. I got so caught up in my other 'backup' plans I'm now perfectly happy that they're my actual plans. So it's all good, strangely enough. I think I got all my disappointment out in one go on results morning and have accepted that plans change. :) (since I got AAABB so Dundee was my only realistic hope at medicine for now)

Genetics, here I come :cool:

Congrats to everyone who got an interview, and good luck! For other rejects (lol) like me, well we didn't want to go anyway, did we?? :p Good luck in your other choices :)

beebopdelux

Just found out over the phone I've been rejected.

I'm fine though. I got so caught up in my other 'backup' plans I'm now perfectly happy that they're my actual plans. So it's all good, strangely enough. I think I got all my disappointment out in one go on results morning and have accepted that plans change. :) (since I got AAABB so Dundee was my only realistic hope at medicine for now)

Genetics, here I come :cool:

Congrats to everyone who got an interview, and good luck! For other rejects (lol) like me, well we didn't want to go anyway, did we?? :p Good luck in your other choices :)
Ladyhoot! i like you was in the exact same position 4 years ago with AAAAC grades and upon rejection went on the study biomedical science! Athough it may be annoying just now for you - I think doing a degree before medicine has so so many benefits! Good luck with genetics!

jen2010

Hey Jen....I really hope you get an interview from your other choices.
Are you still able to login to mydundee or mydundee's webmail??
Yes i can still log on, from what i gathered on the phone there will be a rejection email of some kind, i was told the rejection will not be put onto ucas for a few weeks.

ladyhoot

Ladyhoot! i like you was in the exact same position 4 years ago with AAAAC grades and upon rejection went on the study biomedical science! Athough it may be annoying just now for you - I think doing a degree before medicine has so so many benefits! Good luck with genetics!
Haha, I like your enthusiasm ;) To be honest I'll probably stick with the genetics and work in research or a hospital lab and be just as happy :) But you never know, I might change my mind again!

david1104

im assuming that if we havent heard through mydundee by now, then its a rejection? I have an interview of \east \anglia and Queens but still waiting to hear from \dundee and aberdeen

Still can't log into the My Dundee Webmail so I don't know if I have a rejection or an interview!!!! I contacted them from my personal e-mail but heard nothing back. I don't normally moan but it's so not cool to give info like this through an e-mail system that doesn't work!!!!!

Mathieson

Medicine Woman, you should phone admissions and ask to speak to Gordon Black, he could probably tell you what's happening.

Last edited: