1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Access Course for Liverpool Med School

Discussion in 'Access to Medicine' started by stargazer, Jul 28, 2005.

1. shahrukh

shahrukh New Member

no u will need to hav an interview and need to write a personal statement as well.
    gud luk

2. Lucyrowe

Lucyrowe New Member

I didn't really know what forum to put this in, but basically all I want to do is medicine. I'm intelligent and know I can do it if I really want it, but i'm 18, and have just left the college. I was doing health and social care, but didn't just want to be a nurse, or a social worker. I did do Biology, Chemistry, Psychology and Philosophy and Ethics at AS level when I first left GCSE's but didn't do too well. I would like to know if there are any ways I can get into medicine without these qualifications, like a foundation course or something. It's mainly the Chem I struggled with but if I work hard enough I can achieve my goal!!!! I would be really grateful if somebody could reply to me or link me to something :) Thanks

3. avocado

avocado New Member

Hi Lucy

You might want to post your question somewhere where more people will see it

There are a number of foundation years linked to 5 year medical degree courses making the total study time 6 years but at your age you may struggle to be accepted as they are looking for 'mature' students (ie over 21) with career progression etc, or alternatively good A levels but not in sciences. They all have different admissions criteria.

I would personally suggest that you apply to a medicine access/foundation course: Liverpool(linked)/Manchester/College of West Anglia, and get some relevant work experience too. You then complete the access course in a year to a high standard and are as qualified as those with good science A levels.

Hope that helps a bit, sorry I'm not familiar with all the foundation year entrance requirements, you may be suitable for one or two but not the ones I've looked at (St Georges, Cardiff, Bristol)

:)

4. web person

web person New Member

This link goes to the course list so is this no longer available at Liverpool?