Access Course for Liverpool Med School

Discussion in 'Access to Medicine' started by stargazer, Jul 28, 2005.

1. shahrukh

shahrukh New Member

no u will need to hav an interview and need to write a personal statement as well.
    gud luk

2. Lucyrowe

Lucyrowe New Member

I didn't really know what forum to put this in, but basically all I want to do is medicine. I'm intelligent and know I can do it if I really want it, but i'm 18, and have just left the college. I was doing health and social care, but didn't just want to be a nurse, or a social worker. I did do Biology, Chemistry, Psychology and Philosophy and Ethics at AS level when I first left GCSE's but didn't do too well. I would like to know if there are any ways I can get into medicine without these qualifications, like a foundation course or something. It's mainly the Chem I struggled with but if I work hard enough I can achieve my goal!!!! I would be really grateful if somebody could reply to me or link me to something :) Thanks

3. avocado

avocado New Member

Hi Lucy

You might want to post your question somewhere where more people will see it

There are a number of foundation years linked to 5 year medical degree courses making the total study time 6 years but at your age you may struggle to be accepted as they are looking for 'mature' students (ie over 21) with career progression etc, or alternatively good A levels but not in sciences. They all have different admissions criteria.

I would personally suggest that you apply to a medicine access/foundation course: Liverpool(linked)/Manchester/College of West Anglia, and get some relevant work experience too. You then complete the access course in a year to a high standard and are as qualified as those with good science A levels.

Hope that helps a bit, sorry I'm not familiar with all the foundation year entrance requirements, you may be suitable for one or two but not the ones I've looked at (St Georges, Cardiff, Bristol)

:)

4. web person

web person New Member

This link goes to the course list so is this no longer available at Liverpool?