Advice needed: what to do when you get given accommodation you really don't want..

Discussion in 'Imperial College School of Medicine' started by switchday, Sep 2, 2006.

1. switchday

switchday New Member

:( :( :( :( i've been given a twin room..against all of my preferences..i've got a twin room

i really don't wanna share my space with anyone...is there anything i can do to change this?!

2. God_Complez

God_Complez New Member

I dnt think they give you an alternative....... jus give them a call

3. n00dles

n00dles New Member

ooo ooo i'll swap with you lol! I've got given standard single in evelyn garden, but I'd much prefer to be close to college lol. Im lazy and I sleep late in mornings.... :)

4. switchday

switchday New Member

n00dles - i'm very much interested in a swap

few things though:

which hall have you got at evelyn?
    are you male/female? (i'm male, so obviously my place in a twin room is with another male)
    what's your rent? (mine is £102.55 per week or £3896.90 for 38 weeks)

PM me if you'd rather talk about this out of the forum.

5. n00dles

n00dles New Member

hi, male, bunard sunley hall, it's like £135 a week here, which is why I want somewhere cheaper, even beit garden/week is £500 cheaper for standard single, plus it's closer to uni. Med school seems so far from evelyn

6. switchday

switchday New Member

n00dles - i'm very interested. please don't give your room away..i just have to give this some thought. is that okay?

thanks mate.

7. switchday

switchday New Member

by the way, dont think i've actually said it anywhere here but my room is actually a twin ensuite in beit

8. bubblewrap

bubblewrap New Member

oh same happened to me last year. I got twin ensuite in Beit when i never wanted it. Hope everyone has no accom problems. Bernard Sunley is the best halls in Evelyn gardens. Its about 15mins walk away from uni...but on the positive its very close to all the shops.

9. switchday

switchday New Member

n00dles - i'm all up for a swap.

please PM me your CID number and name so i can let the accommodation office know...i'll also give you mine so when you call them they know.

10. lurveslave

lurveslave New Member

I stayed in Evelyn gardens last year, and it was sooo good. It's really not that far from uni, only a 15 min walk, and it's much more sociable, we walked in in a big group and caught up on the gossip etc. It's also a very suitable location to get to Charing X hospital, where about a third of your lectures (and loads in final term) will be, as therez a direct bus stop immediately outside. I know Beit etc sound good, the whole waking up 5 mins before lectures thing, but Evelyn has sooo many advantages, like a Marks and Sparks and saisburyz a minute away, where the shops are a 20 mins walk from Beit. And there are 5 halls in Evelyn, so it's really handy if you make friends in the other halls, their just across the road! Bernard Sunley, Southwell, Holbein and Willi Jackson are all fabulous, really really nice halls, i was in Fisher, which is one of the cheapest halls, and it does look quite dingy, but i had an amazing year living there, and i really wouldn't worry if you end up there- we all had a great time!

11. switchday

switchday New Member

no no no..stop making him like eveyln!

dont listen n00dles..you really want to get up 2 minutes before lectures..not walk 25 minutes, far far away from campus, in the cold, wet weather and get those horrible winter blues...right?

lol..so biased.