Any graduate applicants looking into accommodation for Sept 2010?

Discussion in 'Queens University Belfast Medical School' started by Second Time Round, Apr 4, 2010.

1. Second Time Round

Second Time Round New Member

Hi,

I thought I would start this thread to see if anyone else out there is looking into the accommodation options as a graduate applicant? Much and all as I loved my student halls of residence in Aberdeen the first time round in my late teens I am guessing that there might be others out there in their late twenties looking for a slightly more sedate abode? Would be great to hear from anyone as I am pretty much clueless as to where/where not to look for accommodation in Belfast?!

Getting very excited now planning my travel routes from Sligo
    up to Belfast ... roll on Sept

2. david1104

david1104 New Member

hi there,
    Yeah im in a similar boat. Im kinda swapping and changing my mind on whether to stay at halls or private rented accomm. Im in my late 20s now (28) and not sure i want to be holed up in a small single room sharing kitchen and stuff with loads of other people. Not only that, but staying in halls is quite expensive as well. Your looking at paying about $100 per week for something half decent. If u look on daft, you could get a big double room in a nice apartment or house somewhere, sharing with 1 other person for the same price. On top of that, you would have to move out sometime next summer anyway so why not just do it now. People say you meet all your friends in the halls etc but i dont see why you couldnt just meet ur friends in class, tutorials, PBL groups, labs, nights out etc etc. Think ive just talked myself out of staying in halls :)

3. Innocent_Angel

Innocent_Angel New Member

The Elms is very much for freshers and for people just out of school. Queens also own some halls that are very close to the QUB campus and only 5 mins away from MBC and City hospital. Its called Mount Charles, it is a very quiet street and I know of a few postgrads who lived there for a more quiet uni life. They are more like a row of terracced houses rather than halls.