1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can I still do medicine with these results ?

Discussion in 'A-Levels' started by Mir, Nov 26, 2016.

1. Mir

Mir New Member

Hey guys, so I am currently waiting for my A2 results but somehow deep down I have doubts as my AS results were not 'the standard results' people expect from students wanting to further their studies in medicine.
    I have always wanted to do medicine, I was dead set on it since day one. Mind you that I am not a slacker, I am however a choker ( this being someone who panics while taking the actual exam )
    My AS results :
    BBC
    My expected A2 results :
    BCD ?

Should I still push through and hold on to my dream of being a doctor ?
    p/s : I never would have guessed that Ireland's med school requirements are sky high ??

2. Martigan

Martigan Super Moderator

I'm not sure what are the min requirements now for undergrad med, but getting in direct may be challenging. If you still want a chance of direct entry, you willneed to research the options thoroughly, to see which ones take on with widening participation or foundation years that you might qualify for.

If you are fully committed to Med, you have the back up option of Biomed, then seek a transfer place or a grad med place after bio med.

Are you taking out a year before applying? as if you haven't applied, you've now missed the boat for 2017 entry.

Mir likes this.
  3. Mir

Mir New Member

Thanks, I'm still considering my options so I am probably going to take a year off to either retake my exams or pursuit other alternatives, I am just at lost right now.

4. EllieHan

EllieHan New Member

Absolutely, stay on track and do not give up. All aspiring doctors and nurses deal with the same problem, its academically intense. I know several students who are taking a year off, everyone needs it at some point.

Good luck