Diagnostic Radiographer - Progression into Medicine (Radiology)

Discussion in 'Radiology' started by taji, Feb 10, 2016.

1. taji

taji New Member

Hi all,

I am a student diagnostic radiographer and I am looking for information/case studies about individuals who have successfully enrolled in a medicine GEM entry course with a background in radiography. I have been struggling to find information on the topic.

I have a good science background but had to leave my last degree due to medical reasons. As a result I have obtained a CertHE in Medicinal and Biological Chemistry. I have looked at GAMSAT papers and I believe that the knowledge gained from my last degree would be of value. I also have a few years experience as a healthcare assistant. I hope to work for a few years as a radiographer once I qualify to gain more experience with patients etc.

I find radiology extremely interesting and I love the element of patient care too. I feel like with my science background and a few more years experience in healthcare under my belt that I would be a good candidate as a future medic. Is there anything else I could possibly do in the meantime to help make my future application stronger?

Any useful information from radiologists/medics who started their career progression as a radiographer or another allied health profession would be of great assistance.

Thank you for reading

Perry

2. Martigan

Martigan Super Moderator

The fact you have a relevant degree will help you apply for any graduate pathway. You also my find that other branches of medicine appeal, so don't limit yourself to just radiology.

3. Ben goddard

Ben goddard New Member

Hello

I am also interested in doing the same thing and i am wondering how or if you carried out your plans and if you could give me any information that would help to achieve the same goal?