Duke Elder Prize Examination

Eleeeepil

hi i am interested in the duke exam next year 2010. i understand that i have to apply through my medical school. does medical school actually select which students to sit for it? also when is the appropriate time to tell the medical school my intention to sit for this exam?

Tdevil

Yor medical school should send an email around like they do will all the random exams you can sit, its usually after xmas, any students can sit the exma, Hope this helps

joshalpha

I'm thinking of taking this exam this year....cant hurt, can it?

anyone got any tips on preparation? maybe what books they used?

Tdevil

Duke Elder

Hi, i also took the exam last year and came 24th, well chuffed, i used kanski as has been previously reccommended as it covers a wide range of the detail expected from the exam, be warned though it is much harder and a little random than what you might expect

cn2509

Duke elder prize revision course- free

Imperial College School of Medicine Ophthalmology Society is offering a FREE revision course for the Duke Elder Undergraduate Examination! This is the only course of its time and its completely FREE!

Dates and session details are as follows:

9 OCT - General Ophthalmology (History taking and examination), Oculoplastics

16 OCT - Cornea, cataract, refractive errors

6 NOV - Glaucoma, Medical retina, vitreo-retinal surgery

20 NOV - Strabismus, paediatric and neuro-ophthalmology

4 DEC - Uveitis, systemic eye diseases, tropical ophthalmology

Our course is taught by current ophthalmology trainees who are keen to share their knowledge, so come along and find out more! Revision materials will be provided!

Everyone is welcome to attend but SPACES ARE LIMITED! CLINK THIS LINK Duke Elder Revision Course Tickets, London - Eventbrite AND BOOK YOUR PLACE FOR FREE NOW!!

Here's the link to the Facebook event:
https://www.facebook.com/events/606690349370316/?ref_dashboard_filter=upcoming

Last edited by a moderator: