Dundee 2013 Applicant

richadam

Member
I'm hoping to.

Going for the 6 year course. yourself? I'm also a graduate (Business, 2.1).

Could I ask your UKCAT? Degree? and your experience?

For me, I'm doing my UKCAT on Thursday. Not confident at all, and would be over the moon with anything over 600. I've really never been good at these sort of tests.

Got a very borderline 2.1 due to problems during my 2nd year. However, my 3rd year results were very good, and thus I was awarded the 2.1 based on that. I am worried that should a University see my transcript, they'd consider me to have a 2.2 (I think I got 58% overall, but due to exit velocity was given the 2.1)

Got some good experience behind me. 6 months of HCA work in various wards (ongoing), have had some medical papers published as first author, will be volunteering with The Samaritans soon, and have lots of extracurricular and charity work behind me. This is my strongest area I feel, and what may get me a place.
 

Aluter

New Member
I applied for the 5 years since my degree is in chemical engineering. My ukcat is really bad - 585 ( I freaked out in the exam). Thought I will still give it a go and then reapply if that is the case next year.

I can't advice you on your ukcat except that you should really CALM down and carry on!. When I was doing practice test was getting over 680 and I did feel like I was ready. But my nerves got the better of me :(

Hopefully, I graduate next year and with a min 2.1. The universities just specify for a 2.1 honours and so as long as you were awarded a 2.1 that should count I would have thought; However I will suggest you ring them up to find out.

Worked as a care assistant in the committee and then went on to work as a support worker for independent living homes. Like you, I am hoping my work experience gives me a place.

Best of luck with your ukcat!.
 

grey-heron

New Member
Hi, I'm a Physics (M.Phys.) and Computer Science (M.Sc.) graduate, also applying for the 5 year course. I've been working as a software developer for the past 12 years, and I don't have all the medical/care work experience that a lot of you seem to, more worried about that side than the academic :(
 

summersniki

New Member
Hi guys,

I've applied for A104 with a 2.1 in Law. Like yourself, Aluter, I averaged 585 in UKCAT so I'm not holding out much hope for an interview. I'm also a Dundee graduate but I doubt that'll count for much....:p
 

Zedd

Member
Didn't see this before! I'm applying for A104 as well (will be a philosophy graduate this summer coming with a minimum of a 2.1) and my UKCAT was 657.5 :/

Dundee have made it so that for graduates 60% of your application is your UKCAT score and the remaining 40% is academic achievements (your degree). If you're in the top x number of graduates then you'll be given an interview where the interview will determine whether you get an offer or not.
 

Aluter

New Member
Didn't see this before! I'm applying for A104 as well (will be a philosophy graduate this summer coming with a minimum of a 2.1) and my UKCAT was 657.5 :/

Dundee have made it so that for graduates 60% of your application is your UKCAT score and the remaining 40% is academic achievements (your degree). If you're in the top x number of graduates then you'll be given an interview where the interview will determine whether you get an offer or not.
I have given up hope on getting an interview from Dundee! even if I got 40% for degree, my ukcat is too low to be in the x!!!
 
Top