Dundee Interview

plynn

Hey, i got a Dundee interview on the 22nd January and im wonderin does neone know wot the Dundee interviews are like..... wot kinda questions are asked? i heard it was like kinda an informal interview that there is about 6 interviews goin on at the same time all in the one room?

Thanx

Jim

Hi, I had an interview at Dundee on the 14th. It's true that there are several interviews going on at once in the same room, but once my interview started I wasn't really aware of anyone else. I was interviewed by two people, I think one was a medic and one was a medic/academic. They were both really nice and the interview was very relaxed and informal. I think it lasted about 15 minutes. I was mainly asked questions relating to stuff I had written in my personal statement, but as I am a graduate applicant this may not be the standard format - also the other applicants who I spoke to afterwards had all been asked different questions - so I guess it all depends on which pair of interviewers you get assigned to. There were about 40 applicants there when I went - half get a tour of the medical school while the other half are interviewed. I reckon it's better to do the tour first, because then you probably have more to talk about - but you don't have a choice about which group you're in, so don't worry about it! :D I was one of the first to get interviewed, and I think I went OK - we'll find out in the next couple of weeks.
Good luck, let me know if you have any more questions. And if like me you get a taxi driver who starts ranting about the amount of 'junkies' in town, and about how Dundee isn't half as good as it was 10 years ago, best not to mention that in the interview I reckon! :wink:

Rb19

I was also there on the 14th! It wasn't too bad! well now i look back it must have been great becasue i got my offer this morning!! i was soooo excited! Dundee is my first choice and everything - and it's an unconditional offer and everything!!! YAY!!

The interview wasn't too bad - it was more chatty and just asking lots of differnt questions about my personal statement and then about medical advances, wherei saw myself in 10years time and all that kind of stuff! And the tour was good - defiatnly persuaded me this was exactly where i wanted to be!!
GOOD LUCK!

any questions left me know

Rosie

Rb19

Heya
I live in England - the reason i have an unconditional is that i already have my A Level results - i am applying for the pre-med year having already taken a gap year.
love
Rosie

Jim

Guess the interview went OK, as I've been offered a place at Dundee! I discovered this yesterday once I realised you could check the progress of your UCAS submission online. That's pretty cool.

Jim

Guess the interview went OK, as I've been offered a place at Dundee! I discovered this yesterday once I realised you could check the progress of your UCAS submission online. That's pretty cool.

Jim

I got an unconditional offer as I'm a graduate applicant, so it was always going to be all or nothing. It's just as well the offer wasn't conditional on my being able to use computers.... hopefully this post will only appear once! :oops: