Dundee Interviews

Just got a leter through from Dundee and I have been offered an interview next month, sexy.

It says in the letter the structure of the interview, sounds really weird, 4 'mini-interviews' each lasting 10 mins long. You go from station to station, 3 of them being normalish interview questions, the 4th station being where you have to work with a partner on a task...

I wonder if they'll give us 1980s style jackets and trousers, and be asked to do the task in a fancy room while a bald man shouts how long we have...god bless Crystal Maze. I hope it's like that.:)

ross_co

Well that would be interesting, i also have an interview next month there, should be quite good i think there is 16 of us split in to four groups, i can remember reading that somewhere.
I quite like the sound of this means you can impress a few interviewers rather than one.
When is your date? Mine is on the 30th

Yeah mine is on the 30th aswell, 2pm I think? Might have to check up on that.

Anyone have any ideas what might be asked? Wjhhat was asked last year etc??

Ixistant

Congrats Tess. I've got an interview on the 30th as well, so see you then!

About the interview, I don't think ANYONE really knows what questions they'll ask. Hell, I don't think the interviewers even know what they'll ask until about 10 minutes before it begins! I think the best thing will be to just be calm and be yourself, and answer the questions truthfully and smartly.

Stuart James? OK, wear a massive novelty sized badge with your name on and I'll come and find you. We can discuss tactics, i.e. a mental crystal maze challenge or a physical? Mental would be a safe bet, the physical might tire us ou- maybe I'm the only one that hopes for this Crystal Maze theme. *looks away thoughtfully*

It might be something completely mind-numbing.

"I would like the two of you to complete this 40 word crossword. Off you go"

*sigh* Yes I shall see you there! Good luck for it aswell.

I'm quite excited now! :)

gradmed

Does anyone who has had an interview have any feedback on the TYPE of exercise they give in the section where you work with a partner?

I am not so interested in exactly what the task was, as I expect they change this anyway, but I don't have any idea what sort of thing they ask you to work on.

Any clues?

ross_co

Well from what ive heard it is actually done with a current med student from the university and not with anyother one of the interviewee's. Tess and stuart will be seeing you there too!
Did you both attend the open day?

lor.....

I've got an interview 30th aswell at 1.30pm...... pretty nervous but the people I've spoken to said that one interview is about current issues, the next the dundee course, then alot about why you want to study medicine and the task one i'm not sure but i'll try to find out before.

Is dundee anyones first choice?

ruridh17

Does anyone who has had an interview have any feedback on the TYPE of exercise they give in the section where you work with a partner?

I am not so interested in exactly what the task was, as I expect they change this anyway, but I don't have any idea what sort of thing they ask you to work on.

Any clues?
yeah, have a look on the post i put on another thread for dundeen interviews. cant be bothered retyping it to be honest. haha

alex MD

Just been rejected from Dundee :(, which is a bit shit!! But oh well I've got Leicester interview :D!! Best of luck with your interviews guys!

memyselfandalan

Dundee applications for interview seem to be a bit of a lottery but I suppose the whole application thing is a bit. I know somebody now in their fourth year, as they did medical science 3 year bit first and then went on to do their clinical now, who got accepted to Cambridge and Edinburgh but rejected from Dundee and Glasgow! Explain? I know the uni's may be looking for different things but huh?

Ixistant

Well Edinburgh doesn't interview at all.
Maybe Glasgow and Dundee just didn't like their personal statement?

Had my interview today, and I don;t know how it went. I think it went well, but because it was so informal I couldn't really tell.
Does anyone know how long it will be before they get back to you? I know some places respond in a few weeks while others wait until March/April.

I had my interview ysterday aswell Stuart, but not sure if I saw you?? You never wore your badge, that must of been the problem.

Were you a half past 2 bunch? Hmmm.

Interesting style of interview but I quite enjoyed it, it was quite fun meeting different people (some with some extremely strange shaped heads!). I would give it a thumbs up

Not going to give away what the task was though :)

ross_co

Lol strange shaped heads?

I had mine yesterday i thought it went really well but who knows how it went. I think i was in the last lot of the day

How did it go for you?

Ixistant

I know. I wasn't allowed unfortunately. They said the neon badge was over the top. :(

I was the large guy sitting near the door in the wine shirt and with the glasses who was smiling and laughing nervously.

ross_co

Were you in my group of 16?

I was in the black jumper with a tie, Sittting next to the Irish girl Naiomi with blonde hair.

How did it go for you?

Ixistant

Not to sure. My group was only 13 so we had to do 3 groups of 3 and a group of 4 (I was in a group of 3).
And my group was the 2:30 group.

Like I said, I don't resally know how it went. I think it went OK, but I'm not toop sure. It was too informal to judge I think.

daryush

What happened in the interview? (mines on thursday, and am freaking out after what could have been a suboptimal leicester interview). Does each station assess different traits, or are they all the same sort of thing? How formal is it? What sort of things do they like to ask?

And what about the task that we have to do at station 4?

Thanks very much for any help

x x x