Dundee medics - help??!

Meg456

Hello,
I'm going to be sudying medicine this september at either Edinburgh or Dundee. Trouble is, I'm having a really hard time making a decision between the two! I know at the end of the day it's up to me to decide, but was just wondering if anyone at the medical school could answer a couple of questions to help me reach a desicion?
Firstly, if you were going to persuade me to come to Dundee what would you say?
And, if you were going to dissuade me, what would you say?
Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks,
Megan

nas7232

Heya,

I'll give you some pros and cons and then you can decide beause its all personal preference! Dundee imo
has a better course! It's pretty interesting and this is coming from a graduate who hated his previous
degree. First year is pretty easy too and you get to do a wide variety of stuff and less social sciences
compared to EdinB as this can be fairly irritating. On the other hand, dundee sucks for things like food places,
clothes shopping etc. Although, its a lot cheaper to live. As a city EdinB is much better and the uni rep
overall at EdinB is better.. this really doesn't make much difference but some people may be influenced
by that! For me, i'd choose dundee each n every time just because the course is well structured and fun to learn