Emidica or Onexamination? or any other online ukcat practice website

Maha33

Hey guys!

I really want practice the ukcat on the comp (already went through the 600q book). The official ukcat site doesn't really provide you with a lot of practices test and I was hoping to do the closer to the exam date - im considering doing it in the second week of september. So i was wondering if any of you guys bought the subscription to the emidica, onexamination, upo etc and if its worth it. Im really tempted to get them but not sure which. Any kind of feedback would be really really appreciated. Thnks in advance!!:D

dinka_chinka

Hi
Emidica is really good for QR and AR and have a large database as compared to the other two. I would def recommend it for getting me a 787.5 avg

Maha33

oh woow thats a fantastic mark and im completely jealous lolll. Ill take your word for it and get emedica, my weakest sections are QR and AR. Would you mind if i asked you how you went about practicing for the test. My system at the moment is sort of all over place loll.

dinka_chinka

I know some people may think it is really excesive but I spend around 6 weeks of prep. I had tow books: 600Q+ passing ukcat and bmat
Week 1: Did 600Q
Week 2: Did passing ukcat and bmat
Week 3: online test first try and I did some Kaplan resources/online resources.
Week 4: Emedica
Week 5: online test: I did it timed and kept trying for the sections liek QR to get the perfect timing
Week 6: Emedica mocks and 600Q mock
I really remained relaxed the day before and day of the test as panic does not help. Also, for AR: Just know the patterns that can come: repeats, number of shapes, colour, intersection with a certain number of objects, intersection with a certain type of object, alignment and type(straight/curved object) For VR: skim read paragraph, read question and then you know where to look for the info in the paragraph. Its great and good to score high. It was my lowest section: 695 but thats still a great score. DA: WRITE the code literally and you have plenty of time to choose an answer and QR: Guess and flag long questions because I noticed that q.30-36 is VERY easy and easy and hard questions are weighted equally.
Sorry for the essay and hope it helped

EternalRose

Thanks for the info dinka, do you mind if i ask how many hours a day you spent? I have about 5 weeks & 4 days till my test ..