Entering CT 2 after starting speciality training abroad.


New Member
Hello everybody:

I would like to know if it is possible to start the first year of a medical speciality and then go to UK, will they recognise this year and allow me to start as a CT2? or will this count as a F2?
Thanks a lot.


New Member
Not easily. Most foreign graduates have to start as an F1. To apply for CT posts you need a portfolio of assessments and the only practical way to get this is to work through F1/F2/CT1 posts. Also if you start at CT2 it will be impossible to pass your post-grad diploma (MRCP, MRCS etc) as this takes a minimum of 18 months and you require the diploma to apply for ST3 posts.