Exeter 2015 Applicants

Discussion in 'Exeter Medical School' started by DrDani, Jul 21, 2014.

1. DrDani

DrDani Member

Hi Everyone,

Is anyone applying to Exeter 2015??

I'm a mature applicant taking the gamsat this september. Are there any other mature applicants applying to Exeter??

Danielle

2. SecondTimeAround

SecondTimeAround New Member

I'm thinking about it, but the money is putting me off. At the moment, it's KCL GEP, SGUL GEP, Nottingham GEP and *shrugs*. I would put down Warwick, but I didn't like the uni... :( Damnit.

3. littleeggy

littleeggy New Member

Hello I am a current student at Exeter.

I would be grateful if you could sign my e-petition epetitions.direct.gov.uk/.../68617

I am a graduate studying on a 5 year medicine degree. I do not receive a tuition fee loan to support me through my 5 year medicine degree. My colleagues on the 4 year GEM courses do. I have created an e-petition to raise awareness about how this is preventing widening participation to medicine for people from diverse and non traditional backgrounds, particularly those from low income families.

I don't expect this will change anything for me, but I am doing this in the hope that future medical students will not be in a position that they will have to turn down a place at medical school because of financial reasons.

As many universities are now slashing their 4 year graduate medicine programmes, there are fears that applications would be possible only for the wealthiest graduate students.

Please sign and share the petition. Thank you for your support!