1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do I start my application process?

Discussion in 'Personal Statements and UCAS forms' started by tshoungege, Jul 30, 2015.

1. tshoungege

tshoungege New Member

Hi everyone,
    I was just wondering whether someone can shed some light on how the application for graduate entry medicine works on the UCAS website. I don't know if I should register on the website as an undergraduate or as a postgraduate. Moreover, is it advisable to havemy personal statement ready prior to taking the the UKCAT?

2. Martigan

Martigan Super Moderator

Can't answer the undergrad / post grad thing, as I didn't realise there were two different processes.

The course counts as an undergrad course, so that's probably the route you need to take.

As for the PS, the earlier you start this the better. Not all the unis use the PS, but for some it's pretty vital.

In my day, other than here, the best resource site I ever used was Home - Medschools Online Medschools Online

They stopped maintaining it for a while, so it's not totally uptoday, however it's been taken over recently and they are starting to update stuff.

Good luck!