1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Keele MMI Interviews

Discussion in 'Keele University Medical School' started by fatimakhodair, Oct 13, 2014.

1. fatimakhodair

fatimakhodair New Member

Hello,

I have applied to Keele Medical School and I am excited to be considered for the school. It looks amazing.
    I do have a question about the interviews format, if any keele applicant and students enlighten me, I would appreciate it loads.

On their website, they have written this; 'One station will assess the ability of the applicant to perform clinically relevant calculations.'

Upon reading that, I got really anxious because I do not understand what they mean by this. I would love any help please, because if it is really something I do not know of, I really need to prepare in case I get an interview.

Thank you.

2. Martigan

Martigan Super Moderator

I don't know the Keele MMI, but it will probably be basic maths like.

If you have a drug which is 60mg per 100ml. How many ml would you need to give for a 30mg dose...

3. fatimakhodair

fatimakhodair New Member

Oh really, do you think it will be that simple? I don't know, I have a feeling it will something totally unexpected and I will just freeze or something.

4. Martigan

Martigan Super Moderator

What sort of maths do you think you use in clinics?

It can get more complicated when you then need to work out infustion rates, but it's not rocket science

Another could be something like working out a BMI.