1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MCQ difficulty

Discussion in 'Medical Exams' started by --i--z--z--y--, Oct 26, 2009.

1. --i--z--z--y--

--i--z--z--y-- New Member

I'm wondering if anyone could give me some advice. I am a good studier and a good worker but I seem to continuosly under-perform in MCQ exams. I don't know what it is about them but I always do badly on them. I usually get C's and D's in MCQs but A's in short answer and essay type exams. Could anyone tell me any techniques for this style of examination? Has anyone else had a similar issue? It is really begin to bother me especially since I am hoping to do the first step of the USMLEs next year.

2. dr.omran

dr.omran New Member

this not your own problem this is the problem of most medical students but i think that the best way to overcome this problem is to answer as much MCQs as you can before the exam.......... i know that "when u complete ur study of subject (for example internal medicine ) then u come to answer MCQs of past exams u'll be depressed or even shocked" but this will show u how to study during revision of subject .

3. wanabanana

wanabanana New Member

Find practice questions form any source you can and do as many as you can. There is a technique involved and it's called recognition - if you do enough questions there is bound to be some overlap and it's a great way to learn too!