Medicine application

stunt-101

Hi, I applied to medicine and my application was processed on 15th October and so far ive been rejected fopr medicine by all but Dundee which I havent hard from except for a letter in november time. Ive got predictions of A (ICT) B (Che) C (Bio) and I have not heard anything else. Im a bit worried but also confused, my last rejection was on 19th from Aberdeen and that was 9 days ago and feburarys coming soon, what do u think my hopes are of getting at least an interview at this stage of the year? Also, when do they stop interviewing and how often is it done @ dundee?

Thanks

medstudent2be

I too have not had any contact from Dundee apart from an acknowledgement letter in November. It is my fourth choice, but i expected to at least get an interview since i got 5A's in my highers and am predicted 3A's at Advanced higher level. Have they finished the interview process, and if not, when does it end?

vasundharajain

hi,
it has been a long time since this thread was started- but just wondering...
I too have not had any contact from Dundee apart from an acknowledgement letter in November. It is my fourth choice, but i expected to at least get an interview since i got 5A's in my highers and am predicted 3A's at Advanced higher level. Have they finished the interview process, and if not, when does it end?
have you now heard from Dundee? did you have an interview? has anyone else out there still had no correspondance except an acknowledgement letter that was sent out early in November? Am starting to get worried, not having heard from most of them. do they generally take much longer with deferred entries????????? i really dont know whats putting them off so long!

desi_guy01

I also got an acknowledgement from dundee in november but have heard nothign since and its beginning to piss me off big time.

R.

Dundee have been known to interview late on occasion, I think as late as March.

So not hearing from them does not mean anything, they just have a lot of applications to get through.

As for not hearing from them, you will! The first correspondence you get from them is the acknouwledgement letter, and the next will be calling for an interview; and if they interview into March again, it would explain not getting any correspondence yet.

R.
(med student, Dundee)

vasundharajain

As for not hearing from them, you will! The first correspondence you get from them is the acknouwledgement letter, and the next will be calling for an interview; and if they interview into March again, it would explain not getting any correspondence yet.
hopefully you;re right... interview calls should come at least two weeks before the date right? or does it not work that way for Dundee?????? could i get a letter like a day before the interview and be expected to turn up????
i can see myself going insane
patience, thats what is needed, patience :oops:

R.

They won't ask you to come for an interview at short notice like that. I think about two weeks' notice is the norm.

R.

stunt-101

how often do they reject ppl, i still aint heard nowt and Ive read about rejections. I just want to know how often they reject sets of applicants? Do I have a chance of getting an interview still?

R.

Going by dates from previous years, I'd say you still have a pretty good chance of getting an interview. As with all medical schools, there are far too many applicants for the number of vacancies, so there has to be some rejections, but there is no reason to think you'll be one of them!

R.

vasundharajain

how often do they reject ppl, i still aint heard nowt and Ive read about rejections. I just want to know how often they reject sets of applicants? Do I have a chance of getting an interview still?
hi stunt-101
where else have you applied to? have you heard from any of those places? i guess i would just have to say the same to you as i have been trying to tell myself
patience, thats what is needed, patience

stunt-101

I applied to the four for medicine: Aberdeen, Durham, Hull/York and Dundee. Ive been rejected without interview by Aberdeen, Durham and Hull/York. But I also applied for bsc (hons) biomedical sciences at Sunderland and Northumbria and I was offered 200pts from each. Hull/York invited me to apply for another course, so I applied for biomedical at Hull, I had an interview and was offered BBC. I know I need patience but I am worried if I have no medicine offer because it maybe too much pressure through graduate entry

vasundharajain

i would have to say stop worrying so much - at least you've heard from other courses- i know its not the same as medicine, but at least you do have a safety net to fall back on.
Good luck with hearing from Dundee, hoping you do get in :)
try not to think about it too much
(having said that, i know how hard it is, as its the only thing on my mind right now) :oops: :cry: :roll: :| :?: :!:

vasundharajain

i would have to say stop worrying so much - at least you've heard from other courses- i know its not the same as medicine, but at least you do have a safety net to fall back on.
Good luck with hearing from Dundee, hoping you do get in :)
try not to think about it too much
(having said that, i know how hard it is, as its the only thing on my mind right now) :oops: :cry: :roll: :| :?: :!: