1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

my ukcat

Discussion in 'UKCAT' started by Sandypandy, Oct 5, 2017.

1. Sandypandy

Sandypandy New Member

Hi guys i got an average of 542 and band I. should i even bother? post grad applicant.

thanks

2. BlessingA

BlessingA New Member

The score is quite low unfortunately, however mine isn't so great either, I averaged at 650 :(. Have you registered for BMAT? If you haven't do it now! I'd suggest Campbell Harris if you live in south London they're an affordable test centre compared to others. Buy the necessary prep books 700 BMAT question by ISC and heinmanns preparing for BMAT. There are quite a few credible crash courses for BMAT such as KAPLAN and Medic Portal. There are also lots of free online resources on the BMAT website to revise with and finally there's BMAT ninja useful resource too. Please don't give up I know how you feel. Worst case scenario you don't get in use the year ahead wisely and make right your wrongs - that's my plan anyway lol. I'm rooting for you!

3. Sandypandy

Sandypandy New Member

Awwww this almost made me cry. Thank you so much for taking the time to write this and being so encouraging. Medicine is so tough to apply for and the whole process is just so frustrating. It's nice to get encouragement. Really makes all the difference. Definitely won't be giving up. I would have done BMAT but I can't because I can't afford to pay for undergraduate med. And imperial do BMAT but their postgraduate is 5 years and not funded by SF :(

BlessingA likes this.
  4. BlessingA

BlessingA New Member

You're most welcome, I've been stressed out for a weeks now, so I get you. However, I'm learning not to despair by remaining proactive. It is tough for sure, but they do that for a reason, they really want those that are committed and have the aptitude. Sometimes that might mean you're not ready yet, not that you arent good enough - remember this. UCAS and BMAT registrations both close on the 15th, so if you're considering Imperial, do it NOW!
    There are many ways to self fund five year courses and a multitude of charities that provide grants, even if scholarships for 2nd degree applicants like ourselves arent available. Go to your local authorities website, call Citizen's Advice burea, check out turn2us on google, oh and leathersellers who give very generous grants of up to £4000 for four years Of uni! The fifth year of med school is covered by the NHS and Student finance :D. You can apply to as many as you need provided you have a genuine financial need. Lastly, you can work and save, save, save. The money will prove useful even if you end up doing a 4 year course. Keep me updated with how things go :).

5. Sandypandy

Sandypandy New Member

Aww I wish I'd know about other funding options earlier I was only aware of future finance etc... And I'm not looking to get into that kind of debt. It's too late now as I'd have to. Contact people asking them to be referees and the deadline is Monday I guess I'll just apply next year for 2019.

BlessingA likes this.