New Blog

niall

Hey everyone!

My name is Niall and I'm a 3rd year medical student at the University of Dundee. I used to use this website what feels like a long time ago now, when I was applying to medicine and have just popped back for a wee visit!

Over the last year or so, Dundee has started using a lot of blogs for the purpose of teaching. I'm interested in pursuing a career in medical education in the future, so thought it'd be a good idea for me to start my own blog and give anyone who wants it some extra info about life as a medical student and Dundee medical school too. I guess it'll also let you potential Dundonians to get used to blogging before even setting foot in Dundee.

Anyway, enough chat - here's the link:
Life as a Dundee Medical Student

I'm new to this, and so there might be a few teething problems, but hopefully I'll become more slick at it as time goes on - it'll be a learning experience for both of us, I'm sure!

Feel free to comment on anything, ask questions, suggest topics you want me to chat about etc. See you there!

niall

Blogs, they are a-changing

I realise this thread is just a monolog by me, but I thought I'd let you know that the blogs been changing quite a lot over the last week or so. I've also changed the web address so the link above doesn't take you to the right place.

Life as a Dundee Medical Student

If you find it useful, it'd be great to hear from you. I'm getting a bit lonely out in the bloggisphere... Also, again, if you have any suggestions for the blog, just post on the blog and i'll make a post about it. It doesn't have to be about dundee in particular either.

Cheers!

niall

Glad you found what you're looking for! Why is it you have you been looking for a blog?

Looking forward to getting started? Planning on making a few posts about Freshers Week with the possibility of some survival tips too!

Anything particular you'd like to know about Dundee that you don't already? I'll do my best to make a post about it if you have any suggestions!

gh70

Hi Niall, your blog is really useful, full of excellent information. Thanks for all the advice!

niall

p.s. a bit about mature/graduate entry would be usefull!
That's a good idea - I'll make a note a note to post about that. I can't say I know a huge amount about graduate entry, but I might be able to answer some common questions people tend to ask. Anything in particular you'd like to know? e.g. how many graduates are in a year group? what age are they? or would you like to know more general things, like how do they perform in medicine? what are their fees like?

niall

Hey, I think that your blog is very good :) btw I am a pre-med so do you have any tips??
Hey - that's cool. How are you finding premed?

I think the jump from pre-med to medicine can be a bit of a shock to some people, so my main advice would be try and keep up with the workload and don't let your pile of work build up too much! Although, that would be my advice to anybody going into medicine, not just premed students!

Best of luck with this year and hopefully see you around next year! :p