1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Perth College - Pathway to Medicine Access Course

Discussion in 'Access to Medicine' started by PTMNO1, Jun 8, 2009.

1. bubz.00

bubz.00 New Member

I agree, they did a good job of keeping things as relaxed as possible. The school seems nice and the town has a few nice cafe's from what I could see (along with the giant ASDA!

Was that you DrPhil strolling out the room about 2:30 ? I may have saw you but didn't want to interrupt the chat with Dr. Boyd. I was told the same thing about the references as was a couple other members recently interviewed. I'm fairly confident they say that to everyone regardless of the outcome. WAITING SUCKS!!!!! Don't want to get my hopes up either but here's to hoping!

Good luck everyone <3

2. DrPhil

DrPhil New Member

Yeah that was me, leaving at about 2.30-ish... was chatting to Dr Boyd about my journey home, and that I had about 40 mins to get from the college to the station!

Normally you can get a hint of how things are going and what they're thinking during the interview, but I found it quite tricky with this one. They really gave nothing away.

Fingers crossed!

3. DrPhil

DrPhil New Member

Got a letter today. Didnt get in :(

4. bubz.00

bubz.00 New Member

Sorry to hear DrPhil. Make sure you get in contact with them for some feedback! If you are dedicated to the education and career, establish and rectify the shortcomings and apply again. Perseverance will triumph!

I haven't received anything as of yet. The anticipation is ruining my life haha! I am trying to keep a my thoughts fairly neutral as whatever will be, will be.

Best of luck on your future endeavours mate =)

5. bubz.00

bubz.00 New Member

Frangelico, as mentioned in previous posts there is not a tonne you can do for the interview. It's really based around your personal experiences, experience and reflection (take note of that word heh). The best advice I could give you is to know your personal statement very well, be honest, open and reflect on your past. After all, this is an access program designed for mature students most likely looking to change direction. There has to be a reason for that and the college likes to hear those reasons. Also, I would recommend getting to know as much as possible of both the Perth and St Andrews programs.

Now although I have not yet been successful, I have also not been unsuccessful. I had my interview 2 weeks ago and since have not received a rejection. The Intl' office has been in touch with me so I am hoping for the best but trying not to get my hopes up.

I hope that helps a bit and good luck!

6. AlmaSomerville

AlmaSomerville New Member

Hey, Fellow forum users, as a fore mentioned, I'm looking for flat mates in perth, I was wondering if anyone was also attending perth college, or if they knew of a forum I could look for flat mates. it's alot cheaper this way.

7. cube

cube New Member

Hi, I have also received my offer for the pathway to medicine course and am looking for somewhere to live! Could you maybe PM me your email address? Cheers and see you in September!

8. Maddin

Maddin New Member

Hey Guys,
    thanks for this thread and all the good advice on the course and the interview, good on you - followed it for quite a while until I felt brave enough to attend an interview, too.
    I've just received an offer yesterday.

9. mikearbroath

mikearbroath New Member

i just had my interview today.. i'm keeping all of my fingers and toes crossed

10. AlmaSomerville

AlmaSomerville New Member

Guys, I need a flat mate, I can't find a 1 bedroom flat, but I can find quite a few 2 bedroom flats, anyone like me left it too late and need a place? or any places i could share with anyone! desperate, even just for a week or so for the beginning of the course. please get back to me. randomnorbert@hotmail.com

11. kmcx

kmcx New Member

Hi guys!
    Quick few questions, what happened at your interview for the pathways course?
    Is it just like a medical school interview?

12. addy123

addy123 New Member

Access to medicine

Hi Alex

Great to hear about your experience at the Perth College. Do you have a direct email address as I have some questions about the course?

Thanks

Addy

13. addy123

addy123 New Member

Hi

I am planning to apply to perth access to medicine course and would to ask some questions. What is the best email address to get you on?

Thanks

14. Zedd

Zedd Member

I'm a bit torn as to whether I should do the Pathway to Medicine or just complete five highers... I'm inclined to do the highers tbh :/ anyone any advice?

15. kmcx

kmcx New Member

Hi Addy,

I'm currently on the Pathway to Medicine course and I'd be happy to answer any questions you may have. My email address is kathleenmcgeex@hotmail.com :)

16. bubz.00

bubz.00 New Member

Just wanted to chime in and say I have just acceptance my offer to the course for 2013/2014. Anybody else had interviews/acceptance letters?

17. PTMNO1

PTMNO1 New Member

Hi Addy,

Sorry, I don't spend much time on the forum anymore as I'm busy with finals. The course has changed slightly since I completed it, and although I'm in regular contact with a course lecturer, I'd consult Kathleen as she will be up to date.

Best of luck, I was in your position once and it's worth it in the end :)

18. KirstyC83

KirstyC83 New Member

Hey Alex,

I found this very helpful and just wanted to say thanks for sharing.x

19. mikearbroath

mikearbroath New Member

Hi Folks,

I just wanted to wish good luck to everyone applying for the PtM course this year! I applied last summer and I was one of the lucky ones chosen for the 2012/13 intake. Myself and Kathleen know exactly what you must be going through.. if you have any questions at all, feel free to ask!

Michael

20. DrMcNicky

DrMcNicky New Member

Hi there, I have been told that I have an interview for the course this year and I'm delighted! However, I am extremely nervous about the interview stage and I would be so grateful if anyone could perhaps give me an indication of the kind of questions that are asked so that I keep my cool on the day? :)
    Moreover, can anyone give me an indication of how difficult it actually is to be one of the top 5? Is the chemistry extremely advanced? I'm worried because I'm good at science, but I'm not so good at mathematics!
    Good luck to everyone applying and congratulations to those who have had their offers already!
    Best Wishes,
    Nick :)