PLAB Study Group Bradford, Yorkshire - And Yes, its Free!

Discussion in 'PLAB Forum' started by Plab Tutor, May 20, 2012.

1. Plab Tutor

Plab Tutor New Member

Hi everyone,
    I am a GP in Bradford. I am a graduate of King Edward Medical College, Lahore, Pakistan, having passed my PLAB exam back in 2001. I teach medical students from Leeds Medical School and am also an examiner at the OSCE for the medical students in their annual examination at Leeds Medical School.

I have been asked by many doctors taking PLAB, that they need guidance and mentoring, towards successful completion of the PLAB exam. So finally I have decided to start a study group in Bradford, for those who wish to study for the PLAB exam. Having done PLAB myself, I am aware of the difficulties students face, the biggest one being cost! Hence I aim to teach and facilitate this group free of cost. Depending upon the number of students interested, we can arrange this at my surgery in Bradford on a weekly basis on a Friday afternoon perhaps.

I hope to keep this as an interactive fun session aimed at teaching but more so as an opportunity for everyone to learn from eachother, in a non-humiliating and non-dictating manner.

If you are interested, then message me through this forum, and we will work around the dynamics of setting up this group.

Dr.Adeel Iqbal
    MBBS, MRCGP (UK), DRCOG, DFFP, Dip. Cardiology (London)
    Honorary Lecturer Leeds Medical School & Senior Partner, Kensington Street Health Centre, Bradford, England.

2. mornbreeze

mornbreeze New Member

Dr.Adeel Iqbal
    Thats so nice of you to start a plab teaching group-
    I live in manchester
    So might be a bit difficult to reach your place-is it possible to connect via skype?
    But I also wanted to know how to get teaching jobs at medical schools here
    There seems to be no information at all!

Thanks
    Nasim

3. Plab Tutor

Plab Tutor New Member

You can contact me on Skype. My SKYPE ID being dradeeliqbal

4. noorulsabah

noorulsabah New Member

hello
    my name is sabah n m really interested to join that group please guide me what should i do now?

5. obioma

obioma New Member

my name is obioma, am preparing to write plab in march,,,please am lost as i do niot know what books and which direction to go to...i would like to joi your group via skype cos i live in london and is far for me

6. dr.sehrish

dr.sehrish New Member

hey is this study group still there?I want to join it,planning to give exam by feb 2014,any help plz!

7. Peter Nasr

Peter Nasr New Member

Hi, Doctor
    My name is Peter Nasr from Egypt. I want to join your study group on skype or yahoo to prepare for PLAB 1 exam. I don't have enough information about PLAB, I want to know everything about that exam, sources to study and refresh my medical knowledge and how to ansewr questions of that exam.
    Thanks in advance, Doctor

8. Mary2284

Mary2284 New Member

Dear Dr. Iqbal,
    I have received my medical degree overseas and now moved to UK to take the PLAB test. I have been searching for PLAB courses and just came across this forum and your study group, which sounds very interesting. Could you please let me know if you still run this study group, and if so how can I proceed for that?
    Best regards
    Mary