1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

POTMED 2017- workshop for POTential MEDical students

Discussion in 'Personal Statements and UCAS forms' started by caprisun, Aug 25, 2017.

1. caprisun

caprisun New Member

Hey guys, I know a lot of the people that browse these forums are students in year 12 and year 13 who are eager to apply for medicine, and looking for advice on how to get ahead and make their application strong, and I wanted to share a resource which I used when I was student that helped my application which is POTMED.

POTMED is a all-day workshop that an educational society at Imperial hosts every year, in which they give lots of aid, advice and resources to improve your application:

- 1-on-1 personal statement workshops, where a current med student goes through your PS with you and gives feedback
    - Mock interviews for panel and MMI
    - Work experience lectures and advice
    - Ethics seminars

When I was in year 13 I went, and they were super nice and helpful to me. It's pretty cheap (£20 when I went) and they give you lunch and snacks. It's not specific to Imperial, the advice is universal to all med schools, especially London ones. Trust me when I say I get nothing out of this; I'm not on the society or anything nor are they giving me commission or something. I literally went to this and it helped me get into Imperial, so I thought others might find it useful.

Search POTMED 2017 on google or facebook and I'm sure you can find it. If people are really interested I can try to get in touch with them to get more information.

2. gradmed305

gradmed305 New Member

Can GEM applicants come along? Also, when is it?

3. caprisun

caprisun New Member

GEM applicants are welcome as the advice is universal for medical applicants. It's on the 23rd of September. If you want I can try to get you in touch with someone there who can probably answer your questions better than I can