Reapplicants unit for 2008

Discussion in 'A-Levels' started by swirlaholic, Aug 27, 2007.

1. swirlaholic

swirlaholic New Member

Hi guys. Thought id make a new thread cos the last ones getting a bit long! im gonna be a reapplicant next year, i have the grades so im not retaking nething. This is just for ne1 whos in the same/similar position for help/advive from guys who've been there.

sooo ill go first, i had 4 interviews but 4 rejections. Truthfully i still dont know what im doing wrong. Im not shy, i do get a bit nervous but dont we all, n the funny thing is for i'd say 3/4 interviews, i thought they went great! do u think i should get some interview training,u know the stuff u pay for.

Any advice would be appreciated.

2. maria_88

maria_88 New Member

Great that you started this thread! :) I'm also going to reapply this year. I didn't get any interviews last year but I got the grades at least :p

What are u planning to do in the gap year?

3. shatteredmedic

shatteredmedic New Member

oh no you didnt!! lolol

4. GT160

GT160 New Member

thats unlucky mate 4interviews and nothing! It means though at least your personal statement must be good, and dont mean to be rude but must be something in the interview, im no expert at all seeing as i havent had any lol, maybe the way your coming across, or possibly what you are saying, and definately everyone will be a little nervous at least. Im am going to apply this year, but unfortunately im in a worse situation as im resitting A2's as i got an ABB unfortunately B;s in bio and chem, so i was thinking to apply with predicted A2 grades, possibly maybe you could do a gap year, then in the interview if your doing anything medically related or volunteer work that would be an extra thing to talk about. Where you thinking off applying?

5. golaiya1

golaiya1 New Member

you know the other thread is jammmmm packed with tonns of brilliant information

6. No Future

No Future New Member

Which other thread, sorry?

7. Anthony0987

Anthony0987 New Member

so true! this topic has been throughly researched and documented in full! look for the ORIGINAL Reapplicants Unit, just ignore some of the crappy talking points like 24 and movies and stuff

8. swirlaholic

swirlaholic New Member

ahh yeah..i know about the other thread n ALL the info its got on it.its really gud!but its Looong going through everythin.n it does go into random directions so i thought itd b gud 2 like start it over agen, with the newbys.neways whateva works.:)

9. snake123

snake123 New Member

Hey there swirlaholic

I'm in the exact same situation as you. I had four ****ing interviews in Leeds, Liverpool, Manchester and Sheffield. Personal statement and all that shizzle was excellent.

What went wrong ?
    I also suprisingly wasn't a bit nervous for the first three - i thought i was good, in fact i thought i was the best , the absolute dogs bollocks , and you know what it took 3 rejections for me to get out of my glorious bubble and realise that everyone else is also good.

So for my last interview at SHEFFIELD i was SHITTING MY PANTS, i got a letter back saying i was impressive and am still on the reserve list for this year now.

My advice is to just be down to earth, if you don't know something then say it, if you feel nervous let the feelings flow and you will feel much better.

The leeds interview they asked me about the vulnerabiluty to different diseases for people from different cultures which i messed up.

Manchester - they nailed me about why I DONT WANT TO BE A NURSE

I've heard howver that if you re-apply with 3 A's you have a pretty good chance , so lets just see what happens.

were are you applying to ??

10. LouLou

LouLou New Member

Hey Guys,
    Im a re-applicant too!!! Although wasn't as lucky as you, I got 4 straight rejections no interviews or anything :-( Hoping I'll have a better chance this year now that I have the correct grades 3As hopefully once the remark comes back!!
    Hows the new ps, UKCAT etc going? have you choosen where you are going to apply?
    xxx

11. swirlaholic

swirlaholic New Member

wow its good 2 know im not the only 1! i feel so bad telling people that i had 4interviews but got rejected from all of them.I thought the interviews were ok, i mean not amazing but i thought that small mistekes wouldnt matter, guess i was wrong. My teachers think its because i come across as 2 nice! she thinks because i smile loads and i have done so much caring work they feel i wouldnt be able to take the pressure/stress of being a doctor!, but i know i can. I may seem all nice and bubbly but if someone messes with me, they soo wish they hadnt! And ive managed to balance so many extra-curricular with school. It cant just b that im sure.

Oh i applied to: Imperial, St George's, Leicester and BSMS. Im on the reserve list for BSMS at the moment, praying ill get in this year!
    Im thinking for 2008 (while secretly hoping i wont have to) : Imperial, BSMS, Leeds/Manchester/Southampton

Anyone thinking of going abroad for their gap?

12. swirlaholic

swirlaholic New Member

Oh Snake123, have u applied for UKCAT yet? even though ur waitin on a uni. I'm in the same position and dont know what 2 do.

13. Willy123432

Willy123432 New Member

hey!
    im a reapplicant too, got 1 interview at sheffield last year and was put on a reserve list but didnt get in:(.
    got 3 A's in A-levels so reapplying, thinking of Sheffield, HYMS, Durham and either Leicester or Dundee.
    The thing is i applied for deffered entry anyway, and im goin to work as a chalet host from november to april this year, when the interviews will be:eek:.
    Has any1 taken ther UKCAT yet, wots it like??
    Cheers:D
    Will

14. showgun007

showgun007 New Member

Has any1 who is reapplying got AAB at Alevel, i am asking because i dont think this will be good enough. I rang my head of sixth form and she said the same thing.

15. LouLou

LouLou New Member

Hey
    yeah I currently have AAB, but the med schools I have been to so far said thats fine becuase it is their basic requirements!

16. JordFord

JordFord New Member

Hey, Im a reapplicant too...

Last year my personal statement was AWFUL (had no work experience other than in random careers), but still got an interview with Peninsula. I missed the interview cut-off score by 0.49 marks!!! Well gutted...

Anyway, now I'm a HealthCare Assistant at Yeovil Hospital for the year and LOVING IT. Although working all night last night was horrible when 2-3 patients were, how shall I put it, firing on all cylinders...

17. showgun007

showgun007 New Member

I know what you are saying but we will be put at a disadvantage straight away, as there will be many people with AAA, so our application score will be lower, and the chances of getting a interview will be very small.

18. kiki_kiedis

kiki_kiedis New Member

Maybe not... Since you already have your grades, it might be an advantage

19. kiki_kiedis

kiki_kiedis New Member

I don't think you *have* to put down the unit breakdowns. Some places ask, others don't

So if you really don't want to, you might not have to.

20. kiki_kiedis

kiki_kiedis New Member

Check first!

I cannot for the life of me remember who, but I remember a website specifically saying that they're not looking at unit marks this year (which suggests that they might for another year, or that other unis *do* look at unit marks)