So Stressed, can't think straight!

Discussion in 'GAMSAT' started by pancorjack, Feb 25, 2007.

1. pancorjack

pancorjack New Member

Feeling really odd waiting for the gamsat score tomorrow, haven't been this stressed for ages. How's everyone else doing? I feel the need to reach out to fellow gamsatters in this, perhaps our darkest hour yet?

:confused:

2. mussed

mussed New Member

Join the club. I have been like this all week. Last night I nearly broke down in the library, I've been sitting there all weekend trying to work so I can take tomorrow off if I want to go to the pub at lunchtime, but failing to do much and instead just getting stressed. The night before GAMSAT was the first night ever I've been unable to sleep until 4 because of stress from exams (I also find it bizarre that at present I'm finding this so much more stressful than finals).
    Grr, I just want it all to be over. I've been saving up OC episodes to watch if I can't sleep tonight/in the morning...

3. guccinemesis

guccinemesis New Member

ive turned into an evil irritable harpy thanks to stress. the gamsat is a worry (dont know y as i know deep down i screwed up - misplaced optimism i think). but to cap it off i got my driving test tomorrow, if id known the two wud coincide id never have made them the same day. i drive like a blind person who drunk a barrel of vodka so tomorrow is gonna b a double failure. and just think i paid £180 for the exam and £50 for the test. ouch.

4. kiya

kiya New Member

Good luck with your driving test. Try to put the other stuff out of your head during it. After all, the driving test is relatively short and if you pass you've got all that independence (from public transport especially!).

Personally, I'm not stressing about the GAMSAT result. Although I would like a shot at the Peninsula course because the uni looks really cool and I love the west country. Having said that, I'm not sure I want to open my results at work, but can I handle waiting until the evening?!?!?! That's where my dilemma is... and perhaps the stress come tomorrow, who knows? Wretched stress rears its ugly head when I least expect it - like the day (and night) before my Newcastle interview. I've never been so wound up.

5. maxine25

maxine25 New Member

so it is not just me then! i feel physically sick and its not just the hang over! i do hate them for telling us about monday, and now i have to find a way to check the results at work which is not much fun. plus i dont even know the cut off point for peninsula but im sure its more than 30 ( thats how bad i did at the exam):confused: anyway, good luck to all.
    X M

6. KKerr

KKerr New Member

Hey there "mussed"!! You can given me a ring if you find yourself up to the wee hours - as I will undoubtedly be as well!! Think my strategy is to leave it till about 10 (if I can find the self-control from somewhere) to avoid a very clogged system - also want to know what the cutoff is BEFORE i check my scores, dont know why, but somehow that just seems a bit more humane. All the best!!!

7. spikus

spikus New Member

i agree, waiting til you know the cutoff means as soon as you see your mark, you know you're in with a chance or not...no mussing around....
    i didnt know what to do with myself today too much time to kill...and i know how you feel guccinemesis....i know i bombed it but i keep hoping anyway.....must be a hidden masochistic streak in me.
    good luck everyone!!!!

8. Delgado

Delgado New Member

Personally, I'm not stressing about the GAMSAT result. Although I would like a shot at the Peninsula course because the uni looks really cool and I love the west country. Having said that, I'm not sure I want to open my results at work, but can I handle waiting until the evening?!?!?! That's where my dilemma is... and perhaps the stress come tomorrow, who knows? Wretched stress rears its ugly head when I least expect it - like the day (and night) before my Newcastle interview. I've never been so wound up.[/quote]

Depending on how many hours you work a day, Kiya, I would suggest that you wait until after you finish. Find out what the cut-off is and then take a look at your results.

I should be more stressed than you guys since I'm relying purely on my GAMSAT score to get me an interview, but I've probably gottin used to the idea of expecting the worst.

#8 Delgado, Feb 25, 2007
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2007
  9. kiya

kiya New Member

That's a good idea. I work from 7.30-4.30, so might be able to hold out until the end of the day. I opened my MSAT score at work, but it was extremely nerve-racking!!

Good luck for tomorrow everyone. Fingers crossed we all did ok and the cut-off is reasonable!

10. mussed

mussed New Member

In my case, I'd really like to be in London, as both the other options leave me about 6 hours away from my lovely plus one, hence the tenseness. Otherwise, I don't think it would be so bad. Weirdly, though, in the last hour blind panic has turned to excitement?!!! Machoistic, clearly.

Last year Percy didn't post the cut-off on here until 11:16 AM... so Kiya, probably best to wait until the end of the day if you can stick it.

KKerr, lovely to see you ;) and I wish I had your endurance! Trying to find any lectures in the university that run from 9 that I might want to go to so I can delay the inevitable. I will probably take up that offer, I barely slept last night either... Best of luck to you, will be thinking about our group tomorrow!

11. belle123

belle123 New Member

Firstly good luck to everybody...but can anyone confirm when exactly and where the unis confirm the cut offs? Im presuming georges and notts have the same one since they joint interview...some of us have to wait til april for swansea to decide and they seem to take quite a wide range of results so in some ways tomz doesnt really seem as if it will make things much clearer:confused:

12. Delgado

Delgado New Member

I don't know about Swansea, but you can check the threads there to find out. I know that Nottingham, St George's and Peninsula set their cut-off the same - usually 60 or above. Check the Nottingham, and SGUL website tomarrow to find out.

13. AppleStrudel

AppleStrudel New Member

I am feeling very very scared too!!..

14. guccinemesis

guccinemesis New Member

it sucks having a driving test on the same day but its taken the focus off gamsat. good luck 2 u all. worst case scenario u dont make the chop, but dont forget 2 put it in perspective, its not like u bin told u got cancer or sumthing like that. but if it goes ure way, well done and good luck with ure application!!

15. megs

megs New Member

add me to the stressed list!!!! have never cared so much about a result before....

16. Rhian1980

Rhian1980 New Member

me too.... monday morning somehow seems like an appropriate time tho! the stress about the result just adds to the sense of impending doom as I contemplate the days ahead at work.......

Good luck everyone!!!!

17. KKerr

KKerr New Member

GO SCOTLAND GAMSAT POSSE!!! Have just opened a bottle of wine - the beginning of the end? Dont think a hangover will make tomorrow any better or worse - so am going for it!

18. miss spontaneous

miss spontaneous New Member

panic panic panic. I have a lecture at 9.30 so i dont think il have the time to access the results in the morning. not that i want to anyway. i dont want to spoil my day :( . I cant afford to be in a bad/tearfull mood cause i have a poster presentation coursework due in the afternoon so i think it will be in the evening for me.

in the end ill be a tossup between not being able to concentrate because i NEED to know my result and the fear of messing up my presentation. I wonder which will win?

19. Hope1983

Hope1983 New Member

i don't know if i should look at the results at all...
    the msat results were so depressing that am not sure if i want to know
    the result at all.
    ohhh...what should i do?

20. mussed

mussed New Member

I'm almost drunk. A serious amount of gin, the OC and Desperate Housewives. Hell, we drank enough with revision.... ;)