1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trinity College Interviews

Discussion in 'Cambridge Medical School' started by Faye_B, Nov 14, 2005.

1. Faye_B

Faye_B New Member

Hey everybody!

Has anyone applied to Trinity college and got an interview?

I still haven't gotten mine and I am starting to get really worried because they said they would try and give at least two weeks notice. Also, "people who score low on the BMAT will not normaly be interviewed." When do they receive our BMAT scores?

2. *Liana*

*Liana* New Member

I have applied to Trinity College. I haven't received an interview date, but I'm not worrying (as yet).
    They still have til the 21st November to give two weeks notice for the 5th December, and even then they said that they 'try' to give it - which doesn't mean they will.
    Also, it's only been a week and a half since the BMAT, and UCL and Imperial haven't, as far as I know, given out any interviews either (though Imperial apparently have no idea what to do with the BMAT yet...).
    We don't get out BMAT scores til 30/11 but the unis get them earlier than that... I have no idea when exactly.

Hakuna matata (well, for now)!

Liana.

PS I will be panicking by next Friday (25/11) if I haven't heard though

3. kwatt26

kwatt26 New Member

It's only been a week and a half since the BMAT? I put that soo far out of my mind that I thought I took it last year...

4. *Liana*

*Liana* New Member

Yeah, I know... it feels like 3 months. In fact in felt like that last week, as since then I have been incredibly busy (it's the absolute busiest period at my school at the moment)... I made a mental list of stuff I'd done and it went on forever!

Topic? December? Miles away... !

Liana

5. Thirdfox

Thirdfox New Member

Damn, I came across this thread and I thought I finally found some people talking about Trinity College in Ireland... Is there a Trinity in Oxford too? And I think there's a special procedure whereby you can get a degree from Oxford/Cambridge/University of Dublin even if you did not study in that particular college...

6. Faye_B

Faye_B New Member

Yeh there is a Trinity college in Oxford too (in fact quite a lot of the colleges have the siimilar names) but since we are in the cambridge forum I didn't think it was necessary to specify which university I was referring to.

I'd like to know more about that special procedure too. I've heard about it but I don't know how it works. It'd be cool to be able to get a degree form such top universities even if you don't go there.

7. Thirdfox

Thirdfox New Member

But there is that traitor issue... why would you want to get a degree from a college that you didn't even step foot in?

On the other hand, a law degree from Cambridge... really appealing...

8. Fionnghaile_Ireland

Fionnghaile_Ireland New Member

Hmmm still waiting on m trinity interveiw date and all my friends have theirs for the other colleges...eek. Should i worry that my bmat really was as bad as i thought at the time.
    Cant....stop....imagining....worst....must....leave....letterbox

9. Faye_B

Faye_B New Member

My friends that applied to Trinity for other subjects such as maths, economics and engineering got their interviews ages ago. Noone in my school applied for medicine at Cambridge but looking at this forum quite a lot of people got interviews from other colleges.

I am not that worried anymore since none of you guys got interviews either even though it is going to be two weeks on Monday. However, I've told my whole family to be on the lookout for a Cambridge letter and tell me immediately.

10. *Liana*

*Liana* New Member

According to the thread 'who hasn't got an interview yet?', King's College said they don't get BMAT results til tomorrow. So we can presume Trinity won't give out interviews til after then. Which could be quite short notice!

Liana.

11. Faye_B

Faye_B New Member

Got interview!

Yessssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Got my interview today. The letter came first thing this morning and the interview is for the 6th of December. I thought I failed my BMAT so your letters will definetely come through the post either today or tomorrow so dont worry and good luck!

12. *Liana*

*Liana* New Member

Haven't heard yet.... eek.... hopefully I will hear on Monday.......

I'm comforting myself with the thought that 1. you may be near the top of the alphabet (if your user is your real name), and I'm not. 2. your interview is in the first half of the week, mine might not be, if I have one....

*Crosses fingers* *Prays*

Liana.

13. Faye_B

Faye_B New Member

OMG! I didn't mean to worry you. Your letter will definetely come seeing that I got an interview even though I could hardly answer any questions on that stinky BMAT exam.

Another thing is also that my letter is dated 25th of November and I got it today. Judging on where you live it will maybe take longer to come. So don't worry!!!! :D

14. Fionnghaile_Ireland

Fionnghaile_Ireland New Member

Yeah i got my interveiw letter on saturday too, for the 6th of december im flying ovber on the 5th. whoo so excited. yey. must prepare. does everyone else only have 1 interveiw too?

15. silly_billy

silly_billy New Member

girl at school has got rejection for trin med without an interview :eek:

16. Faye_B

Faye_B New Member

Yay! Maybe I'll see you there. I have one interview as well. Trinity interviews are really long, they last about 50 mins to an hour. Who are you getting interviewed by?

What are you going to do to prepare? There was this form that we had to fill in that asked what main areas/topics were covered in our AS and A2 subjects. Do you think that's what is the interview will be largely based on?

17. *Liana*

*Liana* New Member

I still got nothing........ but at least I haven't got a rejection letter......

I've e-mailed them now, because I cannot stand waiting and that means I might definitely know tomorrow. The thing is, if they're gonna reject me, at least if I find out, then I can get over it - but right now I don't know!!!!!!

Yes I would go with preparing the AS/A2 subjects. Good luck!

Liana. (insert worried smilie here except my computer doesn't like them)

18. Faye_B

Faye_B New Member

Have you checked on track? Unless it says unsuccessful then there is still a chance. However, even if you do not get called for interview it is not the end of the world and besides the chances are that most people will get rejected after the interview which just prolongs the agony.

Just concentrate on your other uni applications and think positively. Everything always turns out for the best!

19. *Liana*

*Liana* New Member

The e-mail worked - I have got an interview! It seems Royal Mail don't want me to know about it though... :-D!

Very happy now!

Liana.

20. Faye_B

Faye_B New Member

Who are you guys getting interviewed by? My interviewers are Dr Keynes and Mr Ellis.