UKCAT Score advice

alexnewyork

Hi Everyone.

I was wondering if anyone could offer me some advice.

I just sat my UKCAT here in New York. I got the following results

VR:550
QR:620
AR:550
DA:540

I know this is a pretty bad score.

However, i am a good student having got a 1st (currently doing a PhD) and come top of my class. In addition to large amounts of medical work in hospitals here in the city.

Do you think i still have a chance to get into medical school in the UK?

I have applied for Imperial. Kings. Birmingham and Oxford.

Do i have a chance? or simples save the money on the ucas application?

Thanks a million in advance
Alex

dinka_chinka

Hi
I think you should not apply to Kings as they have high UKCAT cutoff: high 600 to low 700.
Otherwise, do the BMAT maybe u will do better in that and then it is OK to apply

Masuda

Hi Everyone.

I was wondering if anyone could offer me some advice.

I just sat my UKCAT here in New York. I got the following results

VR:550
QR:620
AR:550
DA:540

I know this is a pretty bad score.

However, i am a good student having got a 1st (currently doing a PhD) and come top of my class. In addition to large amounts of medical work in hospitals here in the city.

Do you think i still have a chance to get into medical school in the UK?

I have applied for Imperial. Kings. Birmingham and Oxford.

Do i have a chance? or simples save the money on the ucas application?

Thanks a million in advance
Alex
Birmingham do not use the UKCAT so it's always worth applying. Even more so if you are able to be flexible about the uni you apply to - Liverpool ans Bristol for example also don't use the UKCAT and Edinburgh, Hull York, Keele and East Anglia are more lenient in their approach to the UKCAT.

I have done a breakdown of how each uni uses the results - pm me and I will send you a link to download.

Masuda

doctork2

Birmingham do not use the UKCAT so it's always worth applying. Even more so if you are able to be flexible about the uni you apply to - Liverpool ans Bristol for example also don't use the UKCAT and Edinburgh, Hull York, Keele and East Anglia are more lenient in their approach to the UKCAT.

I have done a breakdown of how each uni uses the results - pm me and I will send you a link to download.

Masuda
Hi, Masuda! Do you mind sending it to me as well? :) If you dont mind, of course.

alexnewyork, why dont you apply to st. andrews? I heard they're pretty lenient on the UKCAT scores!

alexnewyork

Hi Everyone,

thank you all for your advice. I think i will consider the those universities. Masuda, that would be fantastic, Ill PM you