1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. 123ash

123ash New Member

Thanks for the response.

QR is my weakest, as I'm literally failing it. Never done maths since GCSE which was home studying and I got an A on the Calculator paper and B on the Non calc paper. I do enjoy working with numbers, but I need time!!

I'm getting slightly better at AR, and I've not practiced VR, but when I took a mock to determine my weak areas (which i knew would be QR & AR) my VR score was the better one out of QR & AR. I also got band 1 for SJT.

I'm hoping that the test is not as bad as the books. UKCAT website I have used, they only have like 2.5 mock tests. so once you've done them, its the same Qs.

Though I'm working more in sections rather than whole mocks, I'm just trying to cover a large number of Qs, with the technique which works for me best. But with every Qs, there's a new pattern and I'm just simply not quick enough in identifying the pattern, or working out the calc, or finding the key words!!

Really?, the writers of the books haven't taken the test?

If only the test wasn't so time pressured. Anyways, back to some AR, I'm actually dreaming about shapes!

2. 123ash

123ash New Member

By the way Martigan your UKCAT score was brilliant!! how did you do it with such little practice? Well obvs the answer is because your brill!

3. Martigan

Martigan Super Moderator

Not PM but keep it public unless it's contains personal info... If we are going to get a community sharing here again we have to discuss in public.

It was this forum that got me into medschool, and I want to offer the same support back.

BlessingA and 123ash like this.
  4. 123ash

123ash New Member

Very true!, but your the only one that replies.

Really, then Im going to go through the older posts and see if they can help me with my UKCAT prep too. Having said that just under 4 weeks left.

5. Martigan

Martigan Super Moderator

Sounds like focus on QR, and just keep the others ticked over. You need to know your GCSE maths by instinct, as you don't have time to think!

I will scan though and see if I can spot any post that might be helpful...

6. Martigan

Martigan Super Moderator

7. 123ash

123ash New Member

Thats the plan, I've gone through a lot if Qs for AR, and I'm a little better. Going to spend a few days on VR and then a good 5-10 days on QR.

Thanks

8. 123ash

123ash New Member

9. 123ash

123ash New Member

Just been through all 17 pages. WOW, this forum definitely was very active at one time.

Reading all this has just made me realise even more how difficult it is! I feel like crying!

I have heard great reviews on Medify, but looking at that thread, it seems like Emedica is better, but this is the 1st I heard of this site. Do you by any chance have an opinion?

One more Qs, If I understood correctly, Kings want each section to have a score of 730+ or the overall average? I thought it was the overall average.

I really don't think I'm going to be able to get a good score however much ever i practice. I don't think i'll be close to 650, let alone 700-730.

Anyways, lets see how i feel a week before test.

Thanks for all your advice and help.

10. Martigan

Martigan Super Moderator

It's about the average score usually.

123ash likes this.
  11. 123ash

123ash New Member

what do you think about the benefits of modify vs emedica?