1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

urgent help needed concerning admissions

Discussion in 'Weblogs' started by Hadiza Bunu, Jul 30, 2015.

1. Hadiza Bunu

Hadiza Bunu New Member

Hello everyone my name is Hadiza Bunu and i need help requiring admissions. I have two options canada and Ireland and i donot know which one to choose, my dad prefers Ireland but i really do prefer canada. He said it is extremly difficult for international students to gain admission into a medical school and i need advice on whether i should just try my luck and go to canada or if i should stay on the safer side and go to Ireland although i know canadian schools are better and i would also appreciate it if someone can tell me the different routes to medicine in both countries and how long it would take to study medine in both countries as well as disadvantages faced by international students trying to study medicine in both countries. I really hope to get a reply from anyone as soon as possible as i have no time and i need to decide quickly.

2. vmed

vmed New Member

Hi Hadiza,
    I can't answer about the admission in Canada (or Ireland) but i can help with the decision. I got an offer from a university really far from home and initially i didn't want leave husband and kids... anyway so i thought of saying and retry the year after knowing that my GAMSAT score was OK and should get me an interview in med school closer to my place. But then i thought it's too much risk for something i really wanna do.
    So ask yourself the question what's more important doing medicine or doing medicine in the country you want. Plus, Canada is often looking for doctors. I had a friend, who got educated in France, did her residency there and moved to Quebec nicely!!!!

Not an easy choice, but good luck with this.