1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Volunteering abroad or Hospital Placement abroad?

Discussion in 'Personal Statements and UCAS forms' started by timtom10, Apr 3, 2017.

1. timtom10

timtom10 New Member

Hi, I have the opportunity to either do some volunteering in an Orphanage abroad this summer or work in a Hospital abroad. I know that I would thoroughly enjoy both of these opportunities, but I'm not sure which one would be more beneficial for a Medicine application. Any suggestions?

SN: I already have work experience sorted out in a hospital and a GP in the UK and I'm currently also volunteering in a nursing home (which I've been doing for about 3 months).

Thanks in advance!!:)

2. charlesmaikens

charlesmaikens New Member

Hey there, good for you!
    It depends on what do you want to see as your future career. Anyway, if you choose the hospital, a nursing personal statement is needed. Because you have connected and you have decent evaluations behind you it doesn't imply that you will get acknowledged onto the quickened nursing program that you need. Your own announcement truly needs to influence you to emerge and should pitch you to the board of trustees that will survey your application. Your medical caretaker expert individual articulation must have the capacity to persuade the peruser that you have a genuine enthusiasm for nursing and that you will put what you will figure out how to great utilize.

3. BlessingA

BlessingA New Member

Since you already have work experience and you're already volunteering, you're good to go. After all on your personal statement it's not the number of experiences you have so much, but rather what you have learned, or even how it has changed your mindset in relation to medicine etc etc that counts. The orphanage will probably be a memorable life experience for you. However, like charlesmaikens said it also depends on whether you intend to work for the NHS. From what I'm aware of, unis dont necessarily care for experiences outside of the UK because they don't always reflect how things are done over here. Nevertheless, the choice is yours; either will be great for you since you already have work experience. :) Good luck