1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What is meant by Module/Unit in the Qualification section?

Discussion in 'Personal Statements and UCAS forms' started by MagicOmlet, Sep 29, 2009.

1. MagicOmlet

MagicOmlet New Member

Hi,
    I'm just completing my UCAS application and in the Education/Qualification section UCAS asks for Module/Unit 1.
    I'm German and therefor took the German Abitur.
    My Abitur Grade is made out of
    4 exams (2 advanced courses, 2 normal courses)
    and a lot of grades i achieved in courses i took during my 2 senior years.

What should I put in for Modules?

- the advanced courses (English/Maths)?
    - the courses I had exams in (English/Maths/History/German)?
    - all courses I took as a senior (Biology/Physics/Chemistry/English/German/Maths/History/Geography/Music/Bussiness Studies/P.E.)?

Thanks!
    Joe

Edit: Sorry for the double post - the internet here is so slow - clicked reloading and then it probably put the Thread in twice... How can you delete a Thread?

#1 MagicOmlet, Sep 29, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2009
  2. rat-a-tattat

rat-a-tattat New Member

for ur german abitur, im guessin the final score for each course would count a one unit, so if you had 4 courses, thats the same as 4 units.

3. MagicOmlet

MagicOmlet New Member

Thanks for your answer!
    The only Problem is, that I had like 22 courses and ALL of them made up my final grade. The 4 courses I took exams in just made up a bigger part (about 40%).
    Is it possible to send questions to UCAS? Couldn't find anything on their homepage...

4. rat-a-tattat

rat-a-tattat New Member

oh ryt, that's a bit more complicated, but if i remember correctly, you don't necessarily have to put down your module scores, i think its optional, so im sure ( hoping) you could get away with just putting down your final grades for each subject, not course, you did

5. MagicOmlet

MagicOmlet New Member

it's a bit more complicated - there are only final grades to the 4 courses I took exams in...

I suppose it doesnt really matter (I'll send a copy of my Abitur with all the grades on it to the Unis anyway, so I'll probably just put in the 4 exam courses and Bio/Chem/Physics - the other subjects don't really matter for medicin anyway - do they?)

Just to make sure - is it possible to send UCAS questions like that? And how?

Thanks again!