where to start?

Discussion in 'General Careers Advice' started by ggordie, Jan 16, 2007.

1. ggordie

ggordie New Member

i was going to school to get a degree in programming computers but ended up dropping out cuz my girlfriend got pregnant and now i'm getting ready to go back but i'm i'm considering a career in pharmacy instead. i've been i've been researching it and think it sounds interesting, but i have no idea where to start. what should i do?

2. missbinapatel

missbinapatel New Member

hi ggordie.
    If you want to do pharmacy; i think youll have to apply through UCAS. maybe you can get reference from tutors from your former degree. Im currenly a 4th year pharmacy student at school of pharmacy, university of london. I think its quite easy to get into pharmacy and many new pharmacy schools have opened up in the past year inc. hertfordshire, reading.. its not very difficult getting in if you have a good personal statement. I have a friend who went to demontford on a foundation course with no science background as well and she was fine. maybe you shold phone up the unis and ask all the questions. you can find this on the uni websites- they wont ask who you are either so its not daunting.
    personally, i think pharmacy is okay, the pay is about 35 grand per year before tax. but its v stressful and demanding in commericial environments esp meeting targets.-and thats the set back. and with new schools opening up competiting for jobs is getting higher too but never know what the future brings.